- two and half cups of chopped sweet potato and pumpkin (small cubes)
- olive oil (one tablespoon) / butter (one teaspoon)
- salt and black pepper
- four eggs
- 3 tablespoons of low fat cottage cheese or Chobani lowest fat unsweetened Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup of low fat organic coconut milk
- grated rind of one lemon
- 1 zucchini – sliced into thin strips
- 1 corn on the cob
- 3 cups of shredded sliver beet
- 30 grams of reduced fat cheddar or parmesan cheese
- ½ cup of basil leaves lightly packed
- Pre- heat oven to 220 o . On a lined baking tray place cubes of pumpkin and sweet potato or any other root vegetables of choice. Spray lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle well with sumac or smoked paprika. Bake in oven until golden.
- In a bowl whisk two eggs plus two egg whites (can adjust to one egg plus three whites if desired).
- Add to whisked eggs 3.tablespoons of low fat cottage cheese or Chobani lowest fat unsweetened Greek yoghurt together with 1 cup of low fat organic coconut milk and grated rind of one lemon. Mix well. Season.
- On a hot BBQ plate or cast iron griddle pan char grill sliced zucchini and corn on the cob. Slice the sides of the corn off the cob once cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat an oven proof fry pan on high. Melt 1 teaspoon of butter or olive oil. Cook about three cups of shredded sliver beet including steams or spinach in the pan until just wilted. Add all other vegetables to this fry pan.
- Pour over egg mixture.
- Sprinkle top of frittata with 30 grams reduced fat cheddar or Parmesan cheese and basil leaves.
- When bottom is set, take off stove top and place pan in the oven under the grill until the top of the frittata is golden and the frittata is cooked through.
- Cut into wedges and serve with a green salad and green beans or snow peas.
This will keep in the fridge for three- four days. It can also be frozen and re-heated in a hot oven.