Cacao is arguably the best superfood on the planet. These energy packed, snack sized balls bring out the natural flavor of cacao along with some other very tasty ingredients. Be sure to consume these only in small amounts around post-workout periods….. unless you’re trying to put on some mass (skinny guys take note).
1 cups raw organic cashews
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
6 Medjool dates (deseeded and cut in half)
1 tablespoons cacao nibs
1 tablespoons coconut oil
1/2 tablespoon Manuka honey (you can use regular honey but Manuka honey has better health properties)
1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- Put cashews into a food processor and blend until you get a small crumb.
- Add the cacao powder and pulse to combine.
- Add the deseeded medjool dates, cacao nibs, coconut oil, Manuka honey and vanilla extract. Blend until the mixture starts to stick together and form a ball.
- Take a tablespoon of mixture out of the food processor and roll between your palms to check the consistency. If it doesn’t stick together easily, add a few more Medjool dates or a little more coconut oil.
- Using very clean and damp hands, roll tablespoons of the mixture between your hands to form small balls.
- Makes approximately 12 balls.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. They should keep for at least 7 days.