1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove (crushed)
2cm piece of fresh ginger (peeled and grated)
2 small pieces of fresh turmeric (peeled and grated)
1 small long red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
500ml fresh chicken stock **
1 skinless chicken breast (finely sliced)
1 small bunch of Bok Choi / Choy Sum or other leafy green vegetable (finely chopped)
Handful (50g) of shitake mushrooms (finely chopped)
Handful of Brown Rice Vermicelli Noodles (50g). Place these in a large bowl and cover with boiling water to soften.
1 tbs. Tamari soya sauce
- Place olive oil in a saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Place crushed garlic, grated ginger and turmeric and chilli into the saucepan and stir over the heat until they are fragrant.
- Pour in the fresh chicken stock and increase the heat to medium-high.
- Once the stock is simmering, place in the finely sliced chicken breast.
- Once the chicken breast has simmered for a few minutes, add the Bok Choi and shitake mushrooms. Allow the Bok Choi and shitake mushrooms to cook for another 2 -3 minutes until the greens are tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Place the softened vermicelli noodles in a large bowl and pour over the soup.
- Drizzle over the tamari soya sauce to serve.