For Espresso Shake:
- 2 ice cubes
- 1 chilled shot (or double shot if you prefer) of espresso OR 2-3 teaspoons of instant espresso/coffee
- 1C cold water or light milk
- 1 scoop chocolate or vanilla protein powder
- Stevia to taste
- In a shaker bottle, add ice cubes with a chilled shot (or double shot if you prefer) of espresso (or you can use 2-3 teaspoons of instant espresso if you like).
- Add 1 cup of cold water or light milk
- Add one scoop of chocolate or vanilla protein powder
- Add Stevia to taste
- Put the lid on and hold down firmly
- Shake vigorously until all the ice has dissolved
For Espresso Smoothie:
- ½ banana
- 1C light milk or unsweetened almond milk (preferably vanilla flavour)
- 1/2C of Chobani 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 chilled shot (or double shot if you prefer) of espresso OR 1-2 teaspoons of instant espresso/coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups ice (make sure you add this to the blender last)
- Place all ingredients in a blender then pulse and puree until smooth.
For a thinner mixture, skip the ice. For a thicker mixture, add more ice.
If getting lean is your goal, then consume the smoothie within 1 hour of intense training.